Version 0.9.2: * Fix message dialog images * Use real version as window title
- Low shelf, high shelf, low pass and high pass have Q (or resonance) now (see screenshot HS and LP how it affects the response)
- Handles for low and high pass filters have z-axis (mouse wheel) for Q
- Handles labels show Q on hovering with mouse
- More information on low and high pass filters (see sceenshot HP)
- Labels drawing improved (opaque background, line height and more)
(Please be aware that the user interface of the git version has some flaws actually)
Version 0.9.1: * Try to fix a bug with newer ffmpeg and "newaudio" or "newvideo" option
Calf got a function in preferences to select its style. As a first use case I backported the 0.0.19 style so everyone unhappy with the fresh design can choose to look at ancient times again.
* New: selectable styles * 2 initial styles: default (new) and 0.0.19 (old) * Default style with slightly changed graphics * Lots of style depending values configurable in gtkrc * Image_factory generating style-depending pixbufs * Real transparency, gtkrc border-radius and bevel for: ComboBox, LineGraph, PhaseGraph, LevelMeter, Button, ToggleButton, RadioButton * Faders images as sprites * Lots of bug fixes, layout quirks and rendering improvements * Missing: color of line graph vector drawings (background is custom colored though)
But apart from the fresh surface and fancy nipples the equalizer line graph got an update – they show dB, notes, cents and MIDI numbers for handles (I’m hovering the left most handle in the screenshot) and in the cross hair. Oh and not to forget – Q for shelves! See the result in the equalizer screenshot – the most right circular handle is a high shelv with a higher Q. And last not least – we have reliable meter scales now.
After weeks of problems with clouds from the CORAL network I implemented another option to fetch clouds images from today.
Version 2.6.6: * Implement free download from xplanetclouds.com after trying CORAL CDN first
We’re proud to introduce our new web „experience“ – a new website with a new domain and a new repository. Unfortunately we lost lots of great reviews, all bugs and feature requests and so on but we couldn’t stand the actual behavior of SourceForge anymore. There was a discussion among us about this topic and today Krzysztof made me aware of this one so we decied it’s time to finally leave SF and to publish the new website in that course.
The most promising solution was GitHub, so we moved the repository over there and we will use its issue system for tickets in the future.
The new website is now available at:
…which is also much faster than the SF webserver. I informed all owners of open bugs but once again: sorry for any inconvenience!
If you are experiencing any problems with the new website feel free to report them here. Thanks in advance.
And please remember to update your Git config to „url = https://github.com/calf-studio-gear/calf.git“!
Hint: This is not what I meant with „what I was working on the last few weeks“ yesterday…