I have to admit that I was blinded by some positive tests in the relevant platforms and media and – which was much more cruicial – my own experience with high class ThinkPad machines. So nothing to euphemise – that’s what you get when you blindly trust a big business concern like Lenovo. It’s completely my fault that I’m a displeased owner of an expensive but cheap piece of plastic. Sadly there seem to be no replacements on the market atm, either significant parts like a trackpoint, enough USB ports or a high resolution display are missing, the casing is even more worse than the one of this rattletrap or the internals are too lame to sell them as a „workstation“.
Oh, and not to forget: http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/02/19/lenovo-caught-installing-adware-new-computers/
Anyway. Now that I own this crappy piece of downgrade I feel like I have to make my concerns public to prevent at least a couple of people to get trapped by some clever PR.
Version 0.9.2: * Fix message dialog images * Use real version as window title
- Low shelf, high shelf, low pass and high pass have Q (or resonance) now (see screenshot HS and LP how it affects the response)
- Handles for low and high pass filters have z-axis (mouse wheel) for Q
- Handles labels show Q on hovering with mouse
- More information on low and high pass filters (see sceenshot HP)
- Labels drawing improved (opaque background, line height and more)
(Please be aware that the user interface of the git version has some flaws actually)
Version 0.9.1: * Try to fix a bug with newer ffmpeg and "newaudio" or "newvideo" option
Calf got a function in preferences to select its style. As a first use case I backported the 0.0.19 style so everyone unhappy with the fresh design can choose to look at ancient times again.
* New: selectable styles * 2 initial styles: default (new) and 0.0.19 (old) * Default style with slightly changed graphics * Lots of style depending values configurable in gtkrc * Image_factory generating style-depending pixbufs * Real transparency, gtkrc border-radius and bevel for: ComboBox, LineGraph, PhaseGraph, LevelMeter, Button, ToggleButton, RadioButton * Faders images as sprites * Lots of bug fixes, layout quirks and rendering improvements * Missing: color of line graph vector drawings (background is custom colored though)
But apart from the fresh surface and fancy nipples the equalizer line graph got an update – they show dB, notes, cents and MIDI numbers for handles (I’m hovering the left most handle in the screenshot) and in the cross hair. Oh and not to forget – Q for shelves! See the result in the equalizer screenshot – the most right circular handle is a high shelv with a higher Q. And last not least – we have reliable meter scales now.
After weeks of problems with clouds from the CORAL network I implemented another option to fetch clouds images from today.
Version 2.6.6: * Implement free download from xplanetclouds.com after trying CORAL CDN first